Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tummy Time


Jan 13th - first tummy time
 I know from experience that having the second child is challenging.  I can see why they say you don't take as many pictures of the second child...because you are busy running around after the first one and the camera around your neck slows you down.  Or in my case the camera lens was destroyed when your newest one was 2 weeks old.  I vowed to take as many if not more pictures as this is something I love to do and so far I feel I have been trying to keep up with my goal.  Of course I would always like to have taken more pictures when he was first born as this was one thing I regretted with Keagan but time goes so fast and all of the sudden my littlest man is weighing in at 11 lbs at 6 weeks of age.  He sure does not look like a newborn in his photos anymore.

So I have the picture thing down, but they don't tell you how many other things you forget to do.  Let's take tummy time for example.  I know that I should be doing this on the floor every day.  But it just doesn't happen.  Of course it happens at night on mom's tummy and it must be working as little Logan is so strong already.  He is holding his head up very well on his own when we hold him.  He loves to try and stand when we put his legs down.  But tummy time on the cute mat just doesn't happen all that often.  Of course it also dangerous to leave Logan on the ground where Keagan has full access to playing with his brother...maybe that is what they forget to tell you.  You just don't have enough hours in a day to get everything done :)
Big Brother helping with tummy time Jan 30th
The boys like being on their backs much better!

Let's not forget the activity mat - Logan loves this too


No comments:

Post a Comment