Friday, January 4, 2013

December 16th, 2012

Well here is our new arrival...

Logan Roger Yu


Born on December 16th at 5:14 am he was 15 days early.  His original due date was New Year's Eve and we had a c-section planned for December 28th.  But, Logan had other ideas.  This is similar to becoming pregnant with this little guy.  He just decided to be here and that was it!  I had seen Dr. Gavigan on Monday December 10th and I was progressing along but he said that did not mean anything.  He did want to move up my c-section date but with it being Christmas week we could not schedule the surgery until the office was open again on Thursday the 27th.  I was surprised when I got home that evening and started having contractions.  There was no rhythm to the contractions but man they hurt!  This happened intermittently through out the week until Saturday night.  Jeff would come home from work and ask me how far apart the contractions were.  I was not worried but thought I should ask about it at my next appointment.  Luckily I took the last 2 days before Logan was born to just relax.  I spent some quality time with Keagan and we had a great weekend together.  



On Saturday night we ended up going out for Mexican food as it was our neighbor John's birthday and he loves our local Mexican restaurant.  Brynn thought that sounded good as well to her pregnant belly.  There was no spicy food involved except for 1 bite of the salsa but maybe that triggered the contractions...who knows! The contractions got stronger that night and I actually had problems going to sleep but by 11pm I was resting comfortably.  But at 1 am the contractions woke me up and so I started counting the intervals for an hour.  They were about 5 minutes apart so I woke up Jeff and told him I thought we needed to start thinking about going to the hospital.  He was ready to go in a matter of minutes but it was the middle of the night and we had to get the house ready to go and the animals fed as we did not know when we would be back.  An hour later off we went with a sleepy Keagan.  We really had no idea of how it would proceed when we got to the hospital so we did not wake anyone else up to help us out.  We did not want a false alarm at 3 am...but we were wrong.  As soon as we got the hospital they were ready to go.

When we got the hospital we had to decide if I would have a c-section or try naturally.  I really wasn't ready to make that decision at 3 am while having contractions...guess I should have thought of that earlier. So, we decided to go ahead with the c-section and every thing moved so fast.  Within an hour we were ready to move into the operating room.  Of course again we were not prepared for things to move this fast at 3 am but they did.  Unfortunately we could not get ahold of our neighbor John to watch Keagan as he takes his hearing aids out at night.  We could not leave Keagan alone so we had to come up with a different plan.  Our other fantastic neighbors were called and they went over and got John up and he went dashing through the night to come and take care of Keagan.  Jeff only got there about 5 minutes after Logan was born so it was no big problem.  Logan was very quiet when he came out and so they had to help stimulate him to cry and open up his lungs a little bit so that the fluid would come out.  By the time Jeff got there everything was all ok and Logan was ready to meet all of us!


So the little guy came a little early and a little light at 6 lbs 6 oz but he was 20 inches long and fully developed.  He had no health problems and was ready to start nursing.  He has a family that loves him and a big brother that can't stop hugging and kissing him.  We just wish Keagan had not come down with such a runny nose and cough for the first 2 weeks of Logan's life.  Luckily Logan has not gotten sick and is just a little trooper!  

No comments:

Post a Comment